The Office of Talent Management (OTM) is dedicated to recruiting, engaging, developing, retaining and advancing a diverse workforce of right-fit talent, elevating UW-Madison’s position as a world-class, 21st century employer. OTM provides employees and supervisors with a wide range of resources, including professional development, leadership training and educational opportunities to cultivate individual and organizational excellence. OTM consists of the following areas:
Cultural Linguistic Services (CLS)
Cultural Linguistic Services (CLS) enhances communication, cultural understanding and learning in order to facilitate thriving and productive multilingual work environments.
- Provides translation and interpretation services to UW-Madison employees in order to support their engagement, development and success throughout their UW-Madison careers.
- Provides translation and interpretation services for the following languages:
English, Spanish, Hmong, Chinese, Tibetan
- Provides on-the-job training to enhance workplace communication skills for English
- Provides educational opportunities for all UW-Madison employees through the Workplace
Learning and Talent Development (LTD, Formerly OHRD)
The Learning and Talent Development office (formerly known as the Office of Human Resource Development OHRD) develops and delivers online and classroom education programs that support campus-wide needs (e.g., leadership or management development, employee engagement) and serves as a campus expert to deliver and assess learning.
- Partners with other campus units to develop and deliver specific, occupation-based
educations programs (e.g. Financial Forum, Teaching and Learning Symposium, OQI
Project Management Symposium) and learning events open to UW-Madison employees
(e.g. Academic Leadership Breakfast, University Roundtable, Academic Staff Mentoring
- Works to provide curriculum and learning development consulting services to campus units,
operation support to educational programs across campus, maintains office employee
learning records for all employees, workforce and organizational development service to the
campus community, and learning development policies and guidelines.
- Leads the campus-wide development of competency programs for employees and
supervisors and serves as subject-matter experts for competency development along with
developing and maintaining campus-wide competency development policy and guidelines.
This is accomplished by coordinating the implementation of technology solutions for employee learning
development and the delivery of learning and talent development data reporting and data analytic to
enable operational and strategic decision making.
Talent Recruitment and Engagement (TRE)
Talent Recruitment and Engagement (TRE) serves as a central resource to attract, recruit, engage and retain a high-quality workforce. Our team advises on university policies and consults with schools, colleges and divisions on a broad range of topics across the talent recruitment and engagement area.
- Oversee UW-Madison recruitment, assessment, and selection policies and procedures
- Provide job market and workforce data analysis
- Market to job-seekers through career fairs and outreach
- Offer search and recruitment strategies
- Maintain talent assessment tools and offer consultation
- Support new employee onboarding with resources, education and consultation
- Consult, support and collaborate on performance management programs
- Manage employee engagement, inclusion and diversity (EID) education and consultation
- TRE training and learning solutions